There are few things in this world that make me happier than dogs and coffee.
Since my dog nephew, Owen, came into our lives, weekend mornings and afternoon catch-ups with my sister often called for both. So, I am always looking for great places to score a good cup of joe that will also accommodate the four-legged. I have compiled a list of my top 5 coffee shops in Pasadena, and the surrounding areas, which offer great coffee as well as an ideal outside seating arrangement to be enjoyed by you and your furry best friend.
1. Jones Coffee Roasters, Pasadena, South Pasadena: Lucky for us, they have 4 locations in the area. One on Raymond Ave, another in South Pasadena on Mission St, and two other locations in Pasadena on Arryo Blvd and inside Vroman’s Bookstore. Not only is this shop filled with healthy and custom options in their drinks and bakery items, they also have a front patio at their Raymond location that is always dog friendly. I have found that their Raymond location is the best to accommodate the four-legged.
2. Lavender and Honey, Pasadena: This unique and local spot is tucked on the corner of East Washington Blvd. and Hill. Their beautiful brick building makes you feel like you are in the middle of the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles. They offer the classic espresso drinks, as well as eatery with creative spins. My favorite is their Lavender Latte. As for food, they have a developed menu of breakfast and pastry items. I enjoy the Pasadena toast on my visits. Finally, Lavender and Honey has a cozy outdoor seating area with small tables that you can share with your furry best friend. But, be warned, your furry best friend will definitely want you to share your food!
3. Philz Coffee, Pasadena: If you know Philz you already know, their coffee is purely divine! I know I can’t be the only one who’s mouth starts watering at the mere mentioning of their Mint Mojito. Additionally, their outdoor seating is in the scenic Commons courtyard on Lake Ave. And there are plenty of water bowls for your furry best friend to enjoy a drink while you enjoy yours.
4. Kaldi Coffee and Tea, South Pasadena: Located on El Centro and if the gorgeous exposed brick outside makes you feel like you are in a movie, you wouldn’t be wrong. Kaldi Coffee and Tea in South Pasadena has been a shooting location for several movies including Lady Bird and Role Models. The movie-magic feel is just one of this coffee shop’s many charms. They have wonderful employees that make your coffee with care. And, of course, they have several tables outside for you and your pooch to soak in the good feelings. Watch out for any pup-arazzi!
5. Bean Town Coffee, Pasadena: is perhaps my favorite coffee house in the
Pasadena area. It is located in Sierra Madre on Baldwin Ave. Not only is the staff amazing and the coffee tasty, but they also offer a full breakfast menu. What really grabs me is the atmosphere of Bean Town. It resembles the popular TV show Friends coffee shop “Central Perk,” which is, for me, a definite win! Outside, they have spacious outdoor dining where you can enjoy a quiet morning close to Mt. Wilson, with your pooch by your side, filling up on a delicious breakfast. Ask for my favorite, the Bean Town Scramble!
If you’re among the millions who enjoy brews and barks, I hope you find this list helpful. Let me know what coffee shops you and your furry best friend enjoy, or I you find a new hangout spot from the list! Until next time!